Businesses and disputes go hand in hand. Our Dispute Resolution team consists of highly trained lawyers that provide a range of advisory and litigation services, collectively holding experience of over two decades, having handled complex disputes for multi-nationals, start-ups, corporates, private individuals, public sector undertakings and government bodies. We actively represent clients on a gamut of litigations across various jurisdictions in India before the Supreme Court of India, High Courts, Tribunals, Forums, Commissions, District Courts, Appellate and Regulatory bodies and well as international commercial and arbitration cases before all courts, tribunals and forums. We also have a robust arbitration practise and our team has experience in dealing with high stake & high value arbitrations, having successfully defended and secured awards before various arbitral forums and tribunals.
Depending on the nature of the dispute, our Clients’ interests stand well-represented every step of the way with individualistic creative solution driven professional advisory services which combines legal expertise with an appreciation for the commercial environment in which our clients operate in. The team works closely with other teams within the firm to bring the litigation strategy in line with the best interests of the Client.
How we help
- We provide Pre-Litigation Services including Dispute/Litigation Mitigation Strategies/Solutions, both within the organizational framework and in commercial and business transactions
- We provide accurate assessment of the nature of the dispute and the scope of relief.
- We provide Alternative Dispute Resolution services including advising on suitable Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms with tailor made strategies/solutions and adoption of such mechanisms in transactional documentation, contracts, etc.
- We undertake coherent research and drafting strategy.
- The Team works closely with the Client, and other teams within the firm to ensure every aspect is dealt with holistically.
- Our Team provides end-to-end services in our dispute resolution and litigation practise from pre-trial, trial to appellate stage across the regulatory framework of India as well as advisory and co-ordination assistance for disputes overseas.
What are the areas of practice?
Brief Areas of Practice
Commercial and Contractual disputes
Structuring as well as implementing Mergers, Acquisitions and Amalgamations through Court Process
Financial and White Collar Crimes
Real Estate and Infrastructure
Corporate and Insolvency Laws
Intellectual Property Laws
Data Privacy and Data Protection
Actions for Debt Recoveries including but not limited to matters under the Recovery of Debt due to Banks and other Financial Institutions Act, 1993 and the Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
Private Estate matters including under family laws, inheritance laws, succession rights, etc.
Why consult the Disputes Team?
An overview about the possible disputes that may arise out of a deal / transaction assists in the same going smoothly.
When should the Disputes Team be brought onboard?
It is always advisable that the Disputes Team is brought onboard at the earlier stages so as to minimize the chances of any adversarial dispute cropping up. Experience has taught us that taking appropriate steps in close consultation with a Disputes Team mitigate disputes at the inception itself, helps in protecting a Client’s commercial and business interests in the long run.